Linggo, Nobyembre 10, 2013

Lazada PH Review: Going old school for a more impactful gift giving


I was just about to give up on looking when it suddenly dawned on me that there are other options for gift giving that I can try out. I wanted to come up with a better way to give my parents who just celebrated their golden wedding anniversary a treat that they would never forget. I initially thought of getting them a trip out of the country but they already received a gift similar to that from my eldest sister. And though I know how it would have been better to give them twice the chance to fly elsewhere, I was hesitant to do something so common. So I went online and checked out a few websites that I have heard so many good reviews about. A website that caught my curiosity the most was lazada Philippines that apparently exist in four other countries in Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia).

I went through a bunch of sections in the website that caught my eye. But what mostly interested me were the travel essentials. There’s a category devoted specifically for that, which really made everything easier from then on. Since my parents were going out of the country after their renewal of vows, it was just practical to give them travel goods. It was perfect to make them feel more like travelers giving off the feeling that they really are living a luxurious lifestyle. I got them patent passport wallets, bag organizers, eye masks, bag tags, couple bag straps, neck pillows, security pouches, travel bags, combination locks and of course a little pocket money to add to their already overflowing bank account. Of course cost wise, my presents were nothing compared to what my other siblings gave but mine still had that hint of effort coming up with all those in on gift giving occasion.

My favorite part wasn’t seeing them open to the gifts because I really wasn’t there to witness it in the first place. Since I ordered it online, it was automatic that it would be delivered. And either I got it delivered to my house for me to wrap or get it shipped straight to my parents’ house. I opted to get it shipped to their house just for the fun of it. When it got delivered to my parents’ house, my mom immediately called me after out of sheer excitement. She definitely didn’t expect to open her door to an overflowing number of small but relevant goodies. It might not have been as expensive as compared to my siblings’ presents but I definitely made more impact seeing how they gushed about uncontrollably to my relatives the following days.

I definitely like the idea of getting something delivered to love ones as a form of surprise. People rarely snail mail anything nowadays now that everything can be done instantaneously. That’s a food for thought. Why not go the extra mile and shy away from what people would expect? A wrapped gift is still a delightful thing to come home to. But being surprised by a deliveryman handing over a package that you did not expect amps up the thrill of receiving a gift.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento